Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Ethan

So, I'm working a night shift and it's slow so I'm going to tell a story. Ethan loves Naomi- he calls her "pretty girl" and wants to greet her when she wakes up. But, then he also pushes her over, hits her head, steps on her, and sits on her when she's lying on the floor. SO, he's been having a number of time outs. Last night he came out of time out, walked by Naomi and this was our conversation:
"Ethan... please be careful of Nomi."
"I'm not supposed to push her, hit her or touch her head." He smiles at me.
I shake my head, of course! He knows he shouldn't hurt her, yet he keeps on doing it.
I just looked at Josiah and said, "Unbelievable."
I'm not sure if he was mocking me or not... either way...he's still funny even when he's naughty.

And he's picked up the phrase, "Just kidding." I'm not a big fan of it, but his comes out sounding like "Just killing" which does "kill" me! I laugh everytime.
Well, back to work... hope that made you smile!

3 comments:

stacey said...

Glad I'm not the only one who blogs while they are at work! Cute stories. So glad you started a blog so I can keep up on your cute kiddos.

Steve and Jenn said...

Just found you through Stacey's site. :) I'll give you this advice w/ your kiddos... PRAY!! God will give you what you need, and what your children truly need in that moment if you'll just ask. :)

Christal and Craig said...

You gotta watch out for those mispronounced words. Melissa's oldest used to say "truck" with an "f" sound at the beginning. Nice, huh? Especially when yelling it in the store as they passed by. She said one day he was putting "ing" at the end for some reason, which just sounded lovely!